Sunday, January 29, 2012
Internally I'm screaming: Finally! I finally got to creating some more jewelry for the shop. I had been feeling very blocked in that medium and I'm happy to say that this past week has been quite the opposite.
I added four new gemstone necklaces this weekend and all will come infused with Reiki. This is something I was feeling a very strong pull to do and since I feel so strongly about the power of crystals I wanted to further add to the healing they provide. Later on this week I will be adding some additional new pendants featuring my photography. I hope you will hop on over and see what is new.
Wednesday, January 25, 2012
Tuesday, January 24, 2012
This morning I started my day differently. I followed a intuitive nudge to take a bath instead of a shower. I gifted myself with the time to light a candle and put a favorite mix playing on my iPod. I slowed down and sunk into the water. I took time to notice the steam rising from my legs. I can honestly say it was a very blissful way to start my day. Not one that I often take the time to do.
I'm feeling behind in the blogging world. Trying my best to balance life between social interaction, creating art, doing some deep soul work and being a mom. Something caught my attention today that I could not pass up participating in. Two blogging lovelies, Lindsey and Amy, have inspired me to share a few little things that make up who I am. I love learning the small wonders that make up a personality. I hope you are inspired to share too!
- I don't drink coffee and don't like it in the least bit. I'm slightly embarrassed that I don't even know how to make coffee properly when I have guests over.
- I once attended a New Kids on the Block concert and collected the confetti that flew off stage like the total fan girl that I was.
- I don't like wine. At. All. To this day I have yet to drink a sip that I could tolerate. What my friends consider sweet is still much to bitter for me.
- I never made it to college. It is one of the biggest shame hurdles I deal with all the time. Not feeling good enough or smart enough is a nasty shadow that I would very much like to cast aside.
- I am a Cancer through and through. I love comfort and being quiet in my home. I will retreat in my shell if threatened in anyway. I dislike confrontation immensely.
- I make a killer martini and never measure ingredients.
- I carry stone friends with me pretty much wherever I go now. I believe in the power of crystals and minerals. If I don't have a pocket I will hold them in my bra.
- My entire household consists of Monkeys. My husband, daughter and I were all born in the year of the Monkey.
- I'm a ridiculously fast reader and will burn through fiction books like there is no tomorrow. I love getting lost in fantasy novels.
- I won't sleep without white nose. A box fan buzzing loudly is the ultimate comfort for me.
- I dream vividly, in full vibrant color and often. I can't sleep on the nights of the full moon and new moon. It has taken me a long time to figure out this pattern to my insomnia.
- My altar space holds a Buddha, a wooden fox, a sand dollar, copal resin incense, a painted rock, a purple candle and many MANY crystals.
- I am a complete video game nerd. I played World of Warcraft for 5 years and am waiting anxiously for a new MMO to come along that will grab me again.
Posted by Celina Innocent at 11:45 AM
Thursday, January 19, 2012
I'm learning so much in Misty Mawn's fabulous Open Studio Workshop. I've been creating like a mad woman and loving some of them so much, like this Mr Fox, that I am considering creating some prints.
I'm now officially a Reiki 2 practitioner. I ordered a table today to start exploring how I can help others through Reiki. Intimidating and exciting all at once.
My pages for the 2012 Art House Sketchbook Project are complete! I cannot wait to see what Jojo's contributions are. It has been a fun challenge for me to collaborate with her.
The Blank Slate Project is still plugging along. Slowly but surely it has made several trips around the USA and some international ones as well. It will continue on with its journey through 2012 until all the participants have had a chance to add their voice to the book.
I'm going to Squam this September! So excited to attend something I have been dreaming of doing for quite some time.
Hope your week is happy and full of love!
Posted by Celina Innocent at 9:13 PM
Thursday, January 12, 2012
Wednesday, January 11, 2012
My how time flies when we get caught up in our own drama. In just 6 shorts days I have received my Reiki II attunement, attended a wonderful sweat lodge, got violently ill with the stomach flu, found out our credit card had been used fraudulently, started a very intensive yet brilliant art class by Misty Mawn, oh and was summoned for jury duty.
When I put it all down like that in word vomit format it sounds pretty intense. It is and it isn't. It only is intense as I allow it to be. I'm coming back to myself A LOT lately. Re-grounding. Releasing as I need to and trying my very best not to take any of the s**t that has been flung at me personally. I'm also taking some time to create which fills me back up so very much.
Sending you all woo-woo loving vibes from this end of the world.
Tuesday, January 3, 2012
Sunday, January 1, 2012
For 2011 I chose the word: Laughter. It helped me to focus on opening up. Sharing bits of myself and being vulnerable enough to feel again. It was a glorious year full of rapid changes. Yes laughter was there too. In wondrous spurts of joy I found my way to it through new friendships, retreats and being kinder to myself.
In working on choosing a word for this year I had a difficult time narrowing it down. I wanted multiple words. I wanted something that would encompass all that I am intending for this big year. I needed a big word. The word that kept nudging me was Voice. It is an umbrella of a word, covering many of the ascpects I want to focus on for 2011.
Inner Voice ~ I intend to start trusting my intuition more and listening deep within my soul for the answers. I will stop beating back my inner Wild Woman and allow her to flourish.
Outer Voice ~ I intend to express myself clearly when interacting with others and communicate my needs to the best of my ability. I will ask others what they need instead of trying to guess.
Expression ~ I intend to be courageous enough to speak my truth. I will speak up for myself and express my fears, joy and sorrow. To be open is to be alive.
Passion ~ I intend to continue to seek out all of my passions and live them fully. I will honor all artistic expressions and needs that rise within me. I will find my artistic voice without feeling the pressure to box myself into a particular medium.
Wheew! So that sounds like a lot I know but really it's fitting for the year to come. So much of my soul work and journey is only just beginning. Finding my voice will guide me right where I need to be.
What is your word?