This morning I started my day differently. I followed a intuitive nudge to take a bath instead of a shower. I gifted myself with the time to light a candle and put a favorite mix playing on my iPod. I slowed down and sunk into the water. I took time to notice the steam rising from my legs. I can honestly say it was a very blissful way to start my day. Not one that I often take the time to do.
I'm feeling behind in the blogging world. Trying my best to balance life between social interaction, creating art, doing some deep soul work and being a mom. Something caught my attention today that I could not pass up participating in. Two blogging lovelies, Lindsey and Amy, have inspired me to share a few little things that make up who I am. I love learning the small wonders that make up a personality. I hope you are inspired to share too!
- I don't drink coffee and don't like it in the least bit. I'm slightly embarrassed that I don't even know how to make coffee properly when I have guests over.
- I once attended a New Kids on the Block concert and collected the confetti that flew off stage like the total fan girl that I was.
- I don't like wine. At. All. To this day I have yet to drink a sip that I could tolerate. What my friends consider sweet is still much to bitter for me.
- I never made it to college. It is one of the biggest shame hurdles I deal with all the time. Not feeling good enough or smart enough is a nasty shadow that I would very much like to cast aside.
- I am a Cancer through and through. I love comfort and being quiet in my home. I will retreat in my shell if threatened in anyway. I dislike confrontation immensely.
- I make a killer martini and never measure ingredients.
- I carry stone friends with me pretty much wherever I go now. I believe in the power of crystals and minerals. If I don't have a pocket I will hold them in my bra.
- My entire household consists of Monkeys. My husband, daughter and I were all born in the year of the Monkey.
- I'm a ridiculously fast reader and will burn through fiction books like there is no tomorrow. I love getting lost in fantasy novels.
- I won't sleep without white nose. A box fan buzzing loudly is the ultimate comfort for me.
- I dream vividly, in full vibrant color and often. I can't sleep on the nights of the full moon and new moon. It has taken me a long time to figure out this pattern to my insomnia.
- My altar space holds a Buddha, a wooden fox, a sand dollar, copal resin incense, a painted rock, a purple candle and many MANY crystals.
- I am a complete video game nerd. I played World of Warcraft for 5 years and am waiting anxiously for a new MMO to come along that will grab me again.